And the exact moment I decided to craft my companions' armour:
Blackwall: Looking good. Inquisitor: Exquisite. Dorian: ...
Really, though. Plaideweave?
That's more like it. Not the armour he finished the game in, but better than plaideweave.
Here was the end-game armour for my Inquisitor and Dorian:
Matching hats! I made four of them, then ran out of lambswool. Varric has one, and I think Blackwall wound up with the fourth. Until this point, I had 'hide helmets' option checked. They're still hidden in cutscenes, I didn't see an option to turn that off, but they look great in the wild.
For my Inquisitor, I prefer the armour in the first two screenshots to the one he ended up in. Mostly for the colours - if I had the latter armour in those colours it probably would be my favourite. Still, it's not bad.
Anyway, some spoiler-free info on this playthrough: Romanced Dorian. Played 95 hours before going to the final fight. Left a bazillion sidequests undone. Gave up on the war table about 60 hours in, kept sending my people out as soon as they were free, but so many markers, still so many.




Thank you for no spoilers! I haven't had as much time to play the single-player campaign as I hoped, I've mainly been playing multi-player with friends, which sops up a lot of time.
ReplyDeleteI fricken' love the matching hats! HILARIOUS. In that first screenshot, Varric looks 1,000% done with your shit.
Oh, Varric is definitely 1000% done in that shot. That whole questline, really.
DeleteI had sort of intended the hats to be a kind of inquisition uniform... but only showing Mitchell and Dorian in them makes it look like a couple-y 'matching outfits' thing... which I am totally okay with.