September 06, 2014

Sims 4: Build Mode

There are a few amazing features in Sims 4 build mode, but for the most part, it's build mode, you build, nothing too exciting. So this post will be mostly screenshots. Note that I play on medium graphics for the most part, so the game can look better than this on a better computer.



No octagonal roof, which is something I found myself wishing I'd checked before settling on a design that called for three of them. Oh well, I made do.

Not shown here: You can choose different tiles for each individual roof piece! Finally! I'm debating recolouring the roof of the 'extension' out to the side there.

The curved fences are great, but they require space. The turret upstairs extends into the required space, so I couldn't put one upstairs. I may change the downstairs railings to not be rounded, we'll see.

Plants need watering. Yes, I queued that up for the Sim.

I did find the 'move the entire house' ability very useful, I was able to start building right away, not worrying if it would fit or not. If I needed more room on any side, I just moved the thing around until I could fit everything in.

Note: It's also possible to move around individual rooms, as well as rotate the house or rooms.

When I was done, I spent half an hour just shifting the entire house one square this way, two squares that, trying to figure out where on the lot it worked best. A blessing and a curse, maybe.

I have no idea why it's so dark inside.


The interior is rather sparsely decorated for now, especially the upstairs bedrooms, but I'll work on decorating, bit by bit. This sim now has the Mansion Baron aspiration, and one of the requirements in the first stage of that is to display 15 pieces of art. So that's something I will be working on.


Just your typical 3 bedroom, 6 bathroom sim house, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment