January 15, 2012

Stiles Legacy, Chapter 2: Tattoos Galore


While I was on maternity leave, I had plenty of time to think. I realised that whoever left Emerald in my kitchen likely did so because I was a teacher, assumed to be good with kids. Still, I resolved to track down her parents, and work was my best lead.




During the day, I made a few discreet enquiries, not really expecting much to come of it. The gossip was interesting, however. There was talk of a girl who had been withdrawn from school not long before my arrival in town. Her father was a prominent politician, it seemed like a very good lead indeed.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed, I wasn't really hoping to find anything. What if they wanted her back? I had to at least find out.



City Hall seemed terribly large that day, almost daunting. I hesitated at the entrance, steeling myself for what lie ahead. It was a very tense meeting, I could tell from the start that keeping this a secret was more important than getting the baby back.

He offered me a bribe, but I refused, offended that he would try to buy my silence! He became desperate, asking if there was anything I wanted, anything at all. I considered this. I didn't want to part with Emerald, and she was clearly not wanted here, so I requested a quick adoption, to make it legal.

"He said yes!"


I hurried home to spend the rest of the day with my family, it was Benjamin's birthday, after all.


A few days later, Emerald's birthday came around. She seemed so shocked, poor dear, I think she may be a bit neurotic. Who can blame her, the start she got in life? But, she's here now, safe and secure, and that's what matters. Neuroses and all.


I got my second tattoo, my first is a green gem, for Emerald. Second, a dagger, for Benjamin. I don't know why I picked that one, it just seemed fitting somehow.


It wasn't long before Benjamin's birthday came around again, though it seemed to come as a surprise to him.


It didn't take him long to find something to take his mind off of it though, my little chef!



Emerald reached her teenage years, and began to act out. I worried, I worried rather a lot, waiting for the inevitable cry of 'You're not my real mother!'



Honestly, all that worrying, it gave me wrinkles. I felt that itch again, I decided I needed another tattoo. More ink would make things better, it seemed to work before.


It was late, however, and my regular artist had gone home for the day. I thought I'd found a bargain - this man was charging half the price! I don't quite know what happened, one moment we are chatting away, the next... well.



I learnt a valuable lesson that day, however. Half priced tattoos may seem like a bargain at first, but you get what you pay for. Never again!

---

The first tattoo was given in the first week, I just can't seem to find the screenshot right now. Strange. Anyway, the childish tattoos really happened, and I'm rolling with it.

I changed some sims to celebrities, because my neighbourhood had none, and the heir needs five stars. Apart from that, not much happened, but quite a bit of time passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment