January 21, 2012

Stiles Legacy, Chapter 4: The Next Generation Takes the Helm

My name is Benjamin Stiles. I live with my mother, Adriana Stiles. I don't know my father, but I'm told he was a teacher, just like my mother.


I have an older sister, who comes up with the craziest theories, mostly involving outer space. I think she's nuts.




My mother tells me Emerald is just creative, but I don't know. My mother is always off getting some new tattoo or other, she tells me I can too, when I'm older. I will, too.



She doesn't really tell me much, she goes off to the tattoo parlour, and comes home with some new ink. The latest was a gnome, for some reason. I don't even ask. Most of them are just scribbles!


As soon as I got out of school, I applied for - and got - a job in the busiest restaurant in town. Things are looking up!


My graduation ceremony was the very next day, I was quite excited.


My mother was so proud. "My son the genius", I heard her say. She'd tell anyone who would listen. So embarrassing!


My classmates voted me "Most likely to be mediocre." It was a bit of a letdown, I'll admit. I wasn't about to let it slow me down, though.


Before I could even get started, I saw the most stunning woman, I went weak at the knees. Oh my.

"How you doin'?"

We got to talking, one thing led to another...

And another thing...

Before I knew it...

"Will you marry me?"

"Ohmygod, yes!"


I invited Olivia back to my place, and we exchanged wedding rings in a small private ceremony. We didn't need a big to-do, we only needed each other.



The next day, I followed up a lead I'd heard, of a celebrity living in the area. The house certainly fit the bill, I must admit. An elderly man answered the door, and invited me in.


I couldn't believe it, I was in the home of Daron Gould, famous adventurer and Egyptologist. Me!


He was, of course, tremendously impressed by my tales. I could tell. We chatted for hours! When I eventually did leave, it was with a promise from Mr. Gould to get my name to his agent. I doubted I'd hear back.


I told Olivia later that evening, and she just smiled. She had her own news to share, and boy did it trump mine!

---

Generation 1: Mixed Single Parent. Two Children. #2 Heir. Education Career. Goal: Perfect Careers. Fun: Tattoo Addict. All completed.

Generation 2: Couple. Four Children. #3 Heir. Culinary Career, and Private Investigator. Goal: 5 Star Celebrity. [4 Stars - Gould had a wife to meet as well, and Ben has the 'Star Quality' trait.] and another Tattoo Addict.

Generation 3: Couple. One Child. Law Enforcement: Forensics and Equestrian: Horseman. Goal: Property Mogul. Fun: Born With It.

Mr. Gould really did generate with that name and those eyes, I had some odd eye colours in my bin when the townies generated. (Olivia has purple eyes, and Ben's father had very vivid blue eyes.) His actual career was law enforcement, but I fudged things a little for the sake of the story.

There was a burglary the day Ben became an adult, but I failed to get any good screenshots, so I scrapped that. I was going to have him marry the cop, but then he reacted so amusingly to Olivia freaking out. Since I had no good burglary shots, I went with Olivia instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment