I got a phone call about a cameo in a movie. A bit outside my field, but who can say no, right? The studio was huge, I could easily get lost in there, I thought.
I entered with some hesitation, though I needn't have worried. As it turned out, the majority of the space was filled with soundstages, and there were people on hand to direct extras, like myself, to where they needed to be.
I found my role rather disappointing in the end, a lot of waiting around, and make-up, and filming, for about five seconds of a scene in the end, and that's if they don't cut my bit. I hoped that Olivia was having a better time.
 |
| "Interesting... interesting..." |
 |
| "Right then. Let's see what we have here." |
 |
| "Interesting... I wonder if anyone would notice if I swiped that..." |
 |
| "Oh, I found some juicy stuff, yes. Here's my bill." |
I received a phone call the next morning, and I answered, expecting another little appearance to get my face out there. Imagine my surprise when there was a lawyer on the other end!
My father had passed, I was told. I never even knew the man. But, as it turned out, I was his only family. I went to the cemetery, to see him.
 |
| 'Another case? Ugh! I'm too pregnant for this job.' |
 |
| 'Alright, sitting! This is a job I can do!' |
 |
| "Intriguing... I wonder if I could transfer... no. No, better not." |
 |
| "Another case closed. That wasn't so bad." |
I noticed a new lawn ornament eventually, the grass was flattened as though it had been there a day or so. I thought the pose a little odd, and it smelt faintly of rubbish. I wondered where it had come from, briefly.
Joshua was born with little fanfare, I'm afraid I couldn't even be present for my own son's birth.
 |
| "You... uh-huh... I see... A case, yes. Of course." |
 |
| *sigh* |
 |
| "Goodnight Joshua." |
 |
| "Goodbye. Father." |
---
This generation will be having four kids, so, expect the other three to get a bit neglected, screenshot-wise. They may still appear, if they do anything interesting, but don't expect any aging pictures from the non-heirs.
Sadly the job Olivia got after giving birth was cancelled soon after, I suspect the person she had to talk to had died - it was an elder.
No comments:
Post a Comment