August 09, 2014

Birthday, whee.

Well, technically, my birthday was yesterday, but anyway! I had a great time, a really amazing time actually.

The 'just okay': I specifically asked people not to get me anything, but I got cash anyway, which I will be putting into savings, because I have a long term goal that requires much money. But I'd still kind of prefer if no-one got me anything. Oh well, that's really not much of a complaint. 'Wah, someone gave me money! On my birthday!'. Yeah, a bit silly when put like that.

The 'awesome': I learnt that my brother and his partner had already played Dragon Age (a game I have just started this week), so we discussed that for a bit, and later I managed to get everyone gathered around to watch some Farscape with me. In this age of 'watch it on the computer, seating for one', I really miss just watching stuff with people, talking over the show and all. (Poking good-natured fun at it, more like. But we have one rule: Only in the comfort of our own home. Mostly so we can pause and go back if a line was missed.)

All in all, a good day.

Heads up though: I haven't been taking screenshots in Dragon Age, because it's my first play through, and I'm playing with subtitles on, both of which make it a less appealing prospect. I want to be concentrating on the story, not what would make a good screenshot, and subtitles in screenshots bugs me, probably because I am way overcautious about spoilers? I dunno. Also, third reason: I play fully zoomed out, makes it easier for me to see what's going on, but not so clear in screenshot form.

So, um, yeah. Might be a bit quiet around here, until I get Dragon Age out of my system... or Sims 4 into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment