July 18, 2014

Another playthrough bites the dust

And it never gets any easier...

Well, I guess it technically was, since I went in at 81% readiness instead of 50%, was nice not stressing about the side-quests.

But it turned out my renegade was just a little too paragon to hit that final conversation option, which sucked. Still, there was a renegade interrupt right after failing it, which achieved the same result. So there's that.

Some screenshots in lieu of spoilers.. should be enough to figure out which ending I chose if you've played or read about the endings.




Would I choose this ending again? Probably not. Would I play renegade again? Not likely. Do I have any regrets? Not many. Am I going to pick up the paragon playthrough with this same character? I don't know. Not any time soon, anyway.

I don't really know what's next for me, maybe I'll pick up the first game again. Maybe I'll play something new, or something old. Maybe I'll even give games a rest in general, at least for a while.

Mass Effect was a beautiful piece of escapism right when I needed it, and before that, Skyrim was very helpful in figuring things out, but I can't hide behind games forever. It's time to suck it up and deal with it, live like a protagonist, not a NPC.

Will I stick to that? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment