Sooo, I got my brother into Mass Effect, by buying him the first two games (they were on the Steam sale but I already had them). He's the sort of person to figure plot points out ridiculously in advance of them coming to light... Knows the ending 5 minutes into the movie, that sort of thing.
I'm going to give spoilers here, so popping it behind one of those read more jump things. But, short version: He was right about everything.
Still with me? Good. So, I also have a terrible poker face, and of course he asked me about this face to face, not over IM, as we usually talk.
Him: "So Bioware pays excellent attention to detail, but I've noticed the architecture of the Citadel and the architecture of Prothean ruins don't match."
Me: "...they do pay attention to detail."
Him: "I've stumbled on a plot point, haven't I?"
Me: "...they do pay attention to detail."
-
So, he goes on to ask if the Citadel was even Prothean, was it some kind of trap, were the Keepers the thing that springs the trap? (No, yes, yes.) And Saren's ship isn't a ship is it? Because something that size shouldn't be able to land or move like it does.. it's a Reaper ship-- wait, is it an actual Reaper? (Yes.) It's just here to check when the microwave is done, isn't it? (His phrasing there. Also, yes.)
He has gone to maybe two planets so far...
Your brother here.
ReplyDeleteIf you count the Citadel as a planet, I'm on the third planet.
I'm so happy I made a mention on your blog. :D